Regional Biosecurity Plan for Micronesia and Hawaii
In 2015 the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD), Department of the Navy completed the Regional Biosecurity Plan (RBP) for Micronesia and Hawaii. The RBP is an unprecedented effort to analyze risks and coordinate enhancements in biosecurity. The RBP was initiated as part of the environmental impact analysis for a plan to potentially relocate military personnel from a base in Okinawa, Japan.
Recognizing that the potential relocation of personnel would bring large-scale shifts in transportation patterns and the movement of goods throughout the region, the U.S. DOD funded the development of three risk assessments identifying pathways and risk assessments regarding the potential for invasive species to be accidentally moved along these shifting travel and trade routes. These risk assessments focus on pathways and risks in three areas:
- Terrestrial ecosystems (completed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Freshwater ecosystems (completed by the U.S. Geological Survey)
- Marine ecosystems (completed by the Smithsonian Institute).
In addition to these risk assessments, the RBP includes biosecurity recommendations for each of the jurisdictions covered within the geographic and political scope of the document. Those jurisdictions include the State of Hawaii, the Territory of Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) national government as well as the individual state governments of Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, and Kosrae, the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the U.S. DOD, and the U.S. Federal Government, as it relates to its jurisdictions within the region.
Governments within the jurisdictions included in the scope of the RBP have been invited to endorse the overarching goals and recommendations of the plan and to review, amend, and implement the action items accompanying the biosecurity recommendations provided for their respective jurisdictions. The Hawaii Invasive Species Council adopted Skate Sneaker Fashion KAANAS Women's Shoe Mauve Santa FE gqnpXF, endorsing the goals and recommendations of the RBP on October 28, 2014.
- Hi True White Sk8 High Prism Pink Shoe Canvas Ankle Slim Vans Skateboarding 6Fq5xw7gn (external link to University of Guam website; includes pathways analysis and risk assessments)
- Heel Sandals Black on Pumps Dress Women Shoes Stiletto Slingback Pointed Toe Slip Mid YDN fwgqFUSx. Note: the HISC has endorsed the general recommendations in Column A only. The suggested action items in Column B have not been specifically endorsed by the HISC, as the jurisdictional attachments to the RBP are meant to be living documents subject to change.
- Skate Sneaker Fashion KAANAS Women's Shoe Mauve Santa FE gqnpXF endorsing the overarching goals and recommendations of the RBP